Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Intellect - His and Hers

A sincere request to all the guys out there.....

When you talk about wanting an intelligent and accomplished woman in your life, do take a moment to consider exactly how much intelligence and accomplishment you can handle. For nine times out of ten, I've seen that a man is more comfortable if he is the intellectual superior of his partner. Preferably on the career front as well. Superior, mind you, not even equal. I don't intend for this to be a blanket statement.... I have seen some exceptions, but they have been far and few in between. Fine, so we've got a truckload of societal conditioning to deal with, but I won't get into that right now. And yes, quite a lot of women seek a partner they can look up to.

Like, dude, it's your life and your opinion. And it can significantly impact somebody else's life too. So please be frank about it, and don't try to be what you're not. In case you haven't considered this aspect till now, please do.

I really can't tell if you'll find much female support for directly/indirectly saying that you want the upper hand...... but I can assure you that the honesty will be greatly appreciated.... and respected.

Even if it takes a little while coming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up with you? Looks like it's straight coming out of the heart. But I liked it, quite agressive statements.

Actually, I think the right word is not intelligence, its ability. If a person is not intelligent (like me :-)), still he is able to do quite a lot. So, the problem lies in the ability of a man/woman.

Previously, woman wanted to be proud to possess an able husband (whatever parameters you use to assess). Now a days, a man should feel proud to possess an able wife too. Opportunities have changed. So has the world. Everyone should be understanding. But, if a woman always think that she is intelligent and can rule on the male lot. Then sadly, her place is in the Nari Mukti Morcha. That's all.

2nd thought, this is the 1st comment on this blog, you have a lot of male readers lady!

Indian Madder said...

@Anonymous

Thanks for dropping by and the comment, both...would appreciate that happening a lot more often!! Interesting comment on male readership.... guys, where are y'all??? Don't hear you often enough!! :)

You have a valid point on ability, but I also see a certain level of intelligence (not academic) as a necessary prerequisite to that ability. Moreover, being more intelligent does not by itself give anybody (male or female)the right/desire to lord it over the rest. THAT is a function of maturity :)

Btw what's with guys that they assign aggressive/outspoken women to Nari Mukti Morcha's?? ;-D

Unknown said...

Hmmm... The more I read your posts, the more interesting they get.

Ok, here is my take on it.
It is not pure ability that scares a man. For eg. if I am a soldier(good one) and my wife is an artist, I wouldnt mind her drawing the very best pics. But if she is a better soldier than me uh-oh.. I would feel threathened. Unfortunately, every man considers the amount of money he makes to be a yardstick of his "ability" (fundamental male design flaw) even if he is good at a job which pays not so well. So if wifey makes more... trouble...:(

Men have their peculiarities, women have theirs... so lets keep fighting, cussing, hurting each other.. bachelors need entertainment you know...:)

Indian Madder said...

@Abraham

Hmmm...okay, that makes sense, I think...But what if the guy is in another field (doing well), and makes more money, AAANNNDDD is still intimidated???? :(
'Coz this is the case I've seen most of the time, and it still confuses me...:-S

Stand back ppl..this bachelorette is going to hurl some rocks, mud and abuse around... we gals need our entertainment too :)